Mastercard Debit & ATM Cards
Mastercard Debit & ATM Cards
Imagine getting through life without ever having to dig for change or write a check. It doesn’t have to be a dream. Use your free Chief Financial Mastercard® debit card for all of your purchases — whether you are home or abroad. Our debit card is safer than carrying cash and more readily accepted than checks. And this very same card is used to make ATM withdrawals and qualify for Kasasa® checking rewards. One tiny piece of plastic — a whole lot of versatility!
- Use money from your checking account without having to write a check
- Welcome at places that won't accept checks
- Faster and easier than writing checks
- Access to cash throughout the U.S. and around the world
- Joint account holders may each receive a card (no need to share one checkbook)
- Make withdrawals, transfers, inquiries, and deposits (where allowed) at ATM terminals
- Get cash back at participating merchants when using PIN debit
- Save on the cost of ordering checks
- Avoid carrying large amounts of money
- Authorization process limits your risk for lost or stolen cards
- Better way to track your purchases
- Receive receipts for every transaction
- Each transaction appears on your monthly statement
Chief Financial FCU's ATM card provides the convenience of being able to access your account for withdrawals, deposits, and inquiries at thousands of locations across the United States.
Your ATM card comes with a Personal Identification Number (PIN) which acts as your "secret password" for transactions. It is imperative that you do not keep your PIN with your ATM card. Memorize your PIN and keep it confidential. If your card is ever lost or stolen your accounts cannot be accessed without the PIN.
To apply for your personal ATM card, call our Member Services Department at 800.844.5440 or contact us.
Your own private code for added peace of mind when you shop online.
Welcome to a new service that enhances your existing MasterCard card. Your own private code means added protection against unauthorized use of your card when shopping online. Every time you pay online at a participating merchant with your Mastercard card, a box pops up from your card issuer asking you for your SecureCode - like the credit union does at an ATM. In seconds, your issuer confirms it is you and allows your purchase to continue.
As part of our continuing effort to bring the best technology and service to our members, we at Chief Financial Credit Union are upgrading our Fraud Detection and Notification System. The new system will provide more immediate attention to notify our members faster when fraud is suspected. The notification portion of the system includes a state-of-the-art automated assistant to help our members review transactions and confirm their spending activity on debit cards.
If you receive a notification call from our automated assistant, whom we have nicknamed Jill, please work with her to answer questions regarding recent card activity. Please also be aware that our Card Member Security team that provides fraud alert management is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week should you need assistance from a live agent.
Fraud Protection Tips
Protect your debit card from fraud with these helpful tips.
- Keep your card and PIN number separate from each other.
- Immediately call 800-528-2273 if your card is lost or stolen.
- Make sure Chief Financial has your current contact information, including your current cell phone number.
- Traveling? Contact us at 800-844-5440 Ext.2114 so we can note your card for safe travel.
- Report suspicious activity immediately.
- Never allow someone else to use your card and PIN number.
- Monitor your account daily using It's Me 247 online banking or download our mobile banking app.