Chief Financial establishes scholarship fund for Rochester Community Schools students
“Live Beyond the Label Scholarship” for Students with ADHD or Emotional Impairment
Rochester Hills, Michigan, February 15, 2017 – The “Live Beyond the Label” Scholarship was established in 2017 by Chief Financial Credit Union to award an academic scholarship to those graduating seniors who have succeeded in rising above their challenges to achieve success in and out of the classroom. The scholarship, to be awarded as part of the Community Scholarship program, is open to students from ACE, Adams, Rochester or Stoney Creek High School with an active IEP or 504 Plan pursuing post-secondary education (i.e. trade school, community college or 4-year university), with preference given to students with a documented emotional impairment (EI) and/or ADHD. Chief Financial looks to award three (3) non-renewable scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each to recipients, beginning 2018.
The ideal Chief Scholarship recipient is a student who:
- Has a minimum GPA of 2.75
- Is actively involved within their school and the Greater Rochester Area community
- Articulates his or her challenges and recognizes the need for self-advocacy
- Is committed to post-high school academic study/career training and has begun to set realistic career goals
- Has demonstrated perseverance despite any challenges or set-backs and is committed to achieving personal goals
- Plans to contribute to society in ways that increase opportunities for individuals with emotional and attention issues
- Excels as a role model and spokesperson for others who struggle with emotional and attention issues
“As the only financial institution headquartered in the Greater Rochester Area, this is a great way for us to acknowledge and support the future of our community, the students. Keeping in line with three of our core values of diversity, perseverance and social responsibility, this scholarship fund gives us the opportunity to award a student who embodies those same values and looks to continue to do so after high school. ” says Tom Dluzen, President and CEO of Chief Financial Credit Union.
“I am delighted that Chief Financial Credit Union has established the Chief Financial Credit Union Live Beyond the Label Scholarship fund at the Community Foundation of Greater Rochester,” said Executive Director, Jo Allen. “This scholarship benefits students who ‘live beyond’ an Emotional Impairment and/or Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder diagnosis and is just one of many ways in which Chief supports the Foundation and the Greater Rochester community.”
The credit union has also established a fundraising opportunity for their employees and individuals in the community to contribute to the scholarship fund through the company “Bravelets”. To learn more about Bravelets and how you can help to donate to the scholarship fund, please go to Bravelets.com/bravepage.chiefscholarship.
Please contact Lindsey Daines for more information: [email protected]