Wouldn't it be nice if your job meant more than punching a clock and waiting for payday? At Chief Financial Credit Union, you can enjoy a benefit that's rarer than it should be — a feeling of pride. Since 1941, our mission has been to improve the financial lives of Michigan families. We want your help.
To ensure our members get the best customer service, and our employees enjoy a better quality of life, we offer competitive compensation. But we know work is more than money (at least it should be). That's why we strive to instill a comfortable, cooperative environment — from treating people with respect to participating in community events.
Why settle for an average nine-to-five? Apply today!
MSR II/Loan Officer
Assists new and existing members with their financial needs, opens and closes various types of accounts, processes transactions, resolves account problems, and provides assistance and information regarding other products and services of the Credit Union. Originates member consumer loans.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes or directs completion of all loan documents. Ensures documentation is complete and accurate. Completes required reports and records. Meets with member to explain terms and conditions and close the loan.
- Analyzes member financial condition to include credit history, credit score, collateral, and other financial information to assess the degree of risk and the member’s ability to repay the loan. Makes decisions within loan approval authority or forwards the loan request to higher levels for decision.
- Takes and reviews applications for consumer loan business. Explains loan programs and advises members of loan options and requirements.
- Participates in developing lending and deposit business for the Credit Union. Identifies opportunities to cross-sell new or additional services or products to members.
- Stays abreast of new types of loans, lending trends, and other financial services and products to better meet members' needs.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Attends and participates in meetings and committees as required.
- Authorizes release of collateral on existing loans, changes in loan terms, waivers of payments, and due date changes.
- Follows current loans to ensure compliance with terms and coordinates with collections.
- Achieve or exceed assigned loan volume (dollars and/or numbers).
- Ensure loan decisions are made and relayed to appropriate parties within X hours/days.
- Maintain an X-day delinquency rate at or below X% of loan portfolio.
- Maintain a charge-off rate of no more than X% of loan portfolio.
- Sell assigned volume of loan insurance products.
- Ensure loan decisions are in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and lending regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve member and internal inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide informed, professional, and accurate service and support to all members and associates.
- Six months to two years of similar or related
- A high school education or GED.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
- Working knowledge of principles and processes for providing member and personal Actively looks for ways to help people. Communicates information and ideas in speaking so others will understand. Working knowledge of related computer systems and applications.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to process work; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
- This job operates in a professional office This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Please submit your resume to Lindsey Daines @ Lindsey@ChiefOnline.com.
Open Resume Acceptance
Chief Financial is always excited to hear from candidates that want to join our team!
Please submit resume to Lindsey Daines at Lindsey@ChiefOnline.com. Include a letter stating why you feel you will be an asset to Chief Financial and our culture outlined by our Mission, Vision and Values.